Saturday, August 26, 2017

Death Note

Ok, so we watched  Death Note yesterday. With William Defoe. (omigooosh I love him iiiih haha) Unfortunately, this movie sucked....Terribly. :(

But William Defoe delivered his masterpiece though. He was amazing as Ryuk. He really captured him


(pic from google)

Buuuut the rest of it sucked. Decent soundtrack but a poor choice of main characters.
I hated who they picked as L, since L is supposed to be so pale that he looks like he's dying. And the actor just seemed over eccentric and a little mentally challenged.... Yeah I didn't like him. I did however think that he captured L's fetish for candy lmao He ate it just like he did in the anime. So I'm guessing he's watched the anime too. Good job you.

But still.. I didn't like the two main characters at all.


And Light...that guy just looked like he was a weird wicked pervert. Or something.... Yeah I didn't quite like those two.

I would've liked it if they had picked the original L in the live action. He still looks really young.



Plus I like Kenichi, since he had a part in Gokusen (which I loooooved) so yeah... haha



But what I did love in Death Note was Ryuk. :3 it wasn't that big of a part either...but still. He stole the show.






1 comment:

  1. RYUK WAS EVERYTHING.
    But everything else was sooo... off, and not in a good way imho.

    The movie would do itself a favor by saying that it was INSPIRED by Death note, and not actually the american version of Death Note, because overall the movie was not THAT BAD in comparison to many other movies out there, but because Death note is seriously such a well-known and LOVED anime/manga it was not a wise movie to take that many liberties with the characters and the story as they did.

    However, I must say that there was something oddly charming about a lunatic youngsters having the Death Note and that ending with Mia... now that was kinda everything?!?!?
    But also... Mia... fucking hell. Why tho? Why?

    Enough ranting but holy hell. This was not everyone's cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here, why don't ya?