Sunday, May 3, 2015

nutritious homemade babyfood

I'm writing about baby food cause I know many people that are pregnant, or have babies now. (And I know some that know someone who have babies) Some don't know what to cook. So here's some shit I do :D

Nowadays, Freya eats around 3 to 4 meals a day. And I breastfeed around 4 times a day as well. She still prefers my milk over other food, so we're exploring all kinds of foods and flavors to see if we find something she likes more than my milk.

I've found things she likes though, likes a lot. (But mama's milk is still better lol)

She likes fish! YAY! Fish is nutritious and rich on omega 3.
The other day I fried some char (loach aka röding) in lots of butter, sweet potato, peas and basil. And put it in the blender. She LOVED it. Same with salmon. Mmm...

And I made ground beef with sweet potato, basil and tomato and butter last night too. She seems to seriously like sweet potato. Good for her. :)

Every morning she gets homemade oatmeal porridge. Like I wrote about another time, a certain oat flour that is rich in iron <---- Plus rose hip flour which is rich in vitamin C. If you add vitamin C too food containing iron, the baby can absorb the iron better. And babies need lots of iron. It's the biggest vitamin us mothers can not provide for them. Our milk has no iron. And once the turn 6 months old they'll need iron. And CAN'T and mustn't give them any kinds of vitamin supplements or iron supplement. Babies should only eat natural things.


Since Freya is a little more than 8 months now, my milk can't really provide all the nutrients at all that she needs, so I do my best researching food everyday haha


When she's 1 year old, I'll start giving her chiapudding too. :) But for now, that's my own delicious & nutritious thing haha



Things good for babies over 6 months:
Apricot purée. That's super rich in iron. Plus is tasty for babies too.
Strawberries... rich in iron, yet my wildling doesn't like them. Sad.
Broccoli. Bleh.
Meat. Duh.
Bloodpudding. (I'll make some for her soon, There's also english blackpudding. Awesome for babies to make into a goo)
skrädmjöl (That special flour) This morning I made her outmeal porridge as usual, but I added plum puree

I head green veggies usually contain some iron...we'll see about that.

Anyway, my family is here visiting the awesome granddaughter haha Freya is super happy too. While my sister just sits silently next to me. haha I think she zoned out a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here, why don't ya?