Saturday, May 10, 2014

Series of 2014


I decided to share my interest in TV series with y'all.

I put trailers underneath all of them (except Helix) in case you are like me, and not too much of a reader lol

So anyway, Frost and I just finished the first season of Helix.
This one got good reviews. Basically, this is kinda like the umbrella corporation in Resident Evil. But more realistic. Turns out a team of scientists fuck up and create a deadly virus which turns people in to Zombies (but much faster and more clever zombies) Or was it really a fuck up? Hmmm... And then you get to untwine the secret story about why and how and so on. We liked it. Unfortunately the nest season ain't due till 2015. Boo.







And then we have The 100. <---
Now this one might be good as well. We're gonna start watching it today. It seems like it has a Lord Of The Flies feeling to it. Might be a lot more grotesque than that. And it might not be.

In the far future, like 100 years (97 to be exact) after a nuclear disaster, the government ships down one hundred teenage criminals to earth to see if it's OK to live there again. (Lucky for them they had space stations to live on huh?)  It's a little like 7 seeds as well.
They track them and so on and we get to follow a team of kids trying to survive in this hostile environment that we call earth. I think I might like it a lot. The trailer seemed awfully interesting too. Keep in mind that I wrote juvenile delinquents. Not all of them are kind and helpful.






Another one I was thinking of watching is CRISIS.
But I don't know yet...it had the worst reviews of all shows I checked. But then again, one shouldn't always follow others opinions. It's best I create my own opinion of it, so I'll watch a little of it. I kinda like the story.
It's about politicians kids that get kidnapped. ALL kids get kidnapped and we get to follow the rescue work after that. How one cop survived the whole disaster while saving one the kids. He gets shot by one of his own... So, one might wonder who has such power to bribe cops and politicians and all that. I wonder what exactly it is that the kidnappers want.
 It seems like this might be one of those series where you get to watch a whole season while guessing who's the culprit and shit. I like that.




Ok, and here's one awesome fucking show.
True Detective. (Many of you have probably already seen it..)
Matthew Mcgonablargh and Woody Harrelsson won awards for this series. It was just epic. I LOVED how Matthew played his part.
I haven't seen him this awesome since.... since Hand Of God really.
I absolutely loved this.
This is a MUST watch.
Rumors has it, that next season will Be Brad Pitt and a female actress instead.





And then we have Believe.

I wasn't sure about this, but after watching the Trailer....I realized that this could very well be pretty dang awesome. It also got awesome reviews on Rotten Tomatoes which is good to know.
I think you need to watch the trailer in order to understand this.
I can tell you that a criminal get's help escaping prison in order for him to protect this little girl. She has some kind of like super powers so a lot of people are either trying to kill her, or use her.







Orphan Black

This is a series I'm currently following, it came out last year but the second season just came out so YAY. I thought the first episode was hard to go through... it took a while before I could grasp it all. This is a very good show.

Because the review people wrote, they made the story sound boring. it doesn't tell you anything really.

But imagine you see a girl kill herself. And the girl looks completely IDENTICAL to you. And then eventually you see another one, and another one... And you start wondering 'who are we?'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here, why don't ya?