Sunday, October 28, 2012

obvious differences

So, I've been here for almost a month or so now... And I love it here. I probably love it an extra lot just cause my honey lives here, but Alabama really is nice 

The main difference between Alabama and Sweden is the people. I men, everyone is incredibly nice and polite. Sweden is known for being quite "cold" as some may call it... it's not though. But Swedes are no way near as polite and kind as southern people are.

For instance, everyone, and I mean everyone, opens the door for you. And people that work in stores and so on always ask 'how are you' or 'how ya'll doing today' with a smile. There's no freakin' way someone in sweden would ask that. They'll say 'Hi' and that's about it. Unless you actually know the person working in the cash register.  Oh And here, they also usually try to converse with me since my accent seems to attract their curiosity. (can I even express it that way? Is that grammatically correct?!) Anyway...

And once, at the market.. a man bumped in to me lightly. I didn't even notice it. And he patted my shoulder and said 'sorry, you alright m'am?'.
In sweden someone MIGHT whisper Oops or sorry. usually they'll just give you a "look".

Oooooh and at their markets and stores, the ones who work there ALWAYS packs your bags for ya. HOW NICE IS'NT THAT?! I love it haha. And last time we went grocery shopping a man put all our bags on a cart and helped us to the car and put them in the car for us. Aaws. My cold lil' heart was a wee bit moved. I gave him a tip. First time in my life I gave someone a tip. Also a BIG difference between Sweden and well..the entire U.S. Tipping people. We don't tip people in sweden.

Aaaws, and Frost always opens the doors and even the car door for me. And he's cute and always gets me stuff. makes me coffee, food... brings me stuff. Asks me if I'm hungry and then runs off and fetches me a cookie or a sandwich. Oh And he gave a lady a cart at the market cause she was waiting to get one after us. He's a sweet man my Frost <3 The sweetest of them all.


What else can I come up with now? Hmmm...
well...I can't really think of anything more at the moment apart from the politeness of the south and their kindness. I could get used to this hahaha :)

well, Frost is sitting on the bed watching the game while playing with his "temporary" Iphone. haha Crafty man he is lol I think I'll go sit next to him now... or should I google some fun stuff first? Hmm...

well, good night to y'all sweeties. It's night time in Europe now :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here, why don't ya?