Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Trouble

So, thanksgiving is next week.
But we're celebrating it on Saturday :D  Cause I said so.

Now, we have key lime pie and pecan pie for dessert so far.
But one more dessert is needed.
After all, we're going to be 15 people here. Yup.

And I just can't choose what to bake.


But I narrowed it down to these:

Southern Possum Pie (yum...this one is leading so far) And no, of course there's no possums in it.


Stoby's possum pie by Gav Weldon

Photo courtesy of Kat Robinsson ;D
(Mine didn't quite turn out this fabulous haha)




And then we have:

Mom's secret chocolate pie.
(someone's family recipe I found haha)


And also Mississippi mud cake pie:
(Now this one is a little more difficult to make...)






Or Southern pecan & Peach cobbler pie with bourbon whipped cream.




Darn it..I just can't choose.
I mean, they all look delicious.
At first I had planned on doing Sweet Potato Pie but then I changed my mind.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.............

Frost has never eaten Possum Pie so I'm kinda leaning more to that one at the moment. But hot damn they all look fucking tasty.





Now we'll go to bed, and I'll pretend to sleep. But in reality I'll be laying there in pure panic over tomorrow. I am SO fucking nervous.
Freya's getting her vaccination shots tomorrow at 10:30.
I'm dreading it. I can't bear to hear her cry her pitiful heartbreaking cry. It's different when it's her 'hey, I'm fucking mad' cy. Or the 'give me the booooooob' cry.

Or 'I took a dump now chaaaaange meeeee' cry.


Nooo...this cry, this cry shreds my heart to tiny pieces. It feels like my heart will break completely. I'll actually start crying with her if I can't comfort her. And I won't be able to comfort her. The doctors said it hurts like hell. :(

So Frost will go inside with her, and I'll wait outside.

Jeez, it hurts in my chest just thinking about it.




All images are obviously from google :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello there! The top image was taken by Grav Weldon, and the second image is by Kat Robinson. Both are of Stoby's possum pie. Please credit photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's amazing. Thanks for such an awesome recipe. I found it to be delicious anyway. Of course I'll give you credit :D

      Delete

Leave a comment here, why don't ya?