Friday, January 18, 2013

The satisfaction

Oh lord I feel so fn good right now.

My sister and I used to LOVE two songs played by a certain band when we were very very small. My dad knew which song usually when we said 'pip låten' (The beep beep song) Cause that's what we thought it sounded like when we were small.

I haven't hear those songs in like 20 years... and from time to time I suddenly remember what the songs go like. Only to forget it moments after... But since yesterday I had both of them on my mind... And I asked my brother for help, he thought it might be CCR when I hummed it which I knew for sure it wasn't. I know CCR....

I asked mom and Lasse. Lasse knows a lot about old music and he recognized it...BUT he thought it might be Spotnicks (An old swedish band) Cause they had similar sound but no.

But theeeen we called Urban. urban knows more about music than most people, apart from my dad I guess. And my dad was at work so... We only had to hum it a little and he answered immediately Red River Rock.

See, these songs.. as silly as they may seem... is what I grew up to ADORE. It's funny music for a kid. And even now these songs can lift me up when I'm fn down in a 100 mile deep hole.










And even this song...I remember it from his album.

 


You have NO idea how happy I am now. How satisfied I am to finally find the songs I've been humming inside my head these past 20 years. Can you imagine the satisfaction?

We all know how annoying it is to go wonder about a song or a movie and KNOW that we really do know which one it is but not remember it at that moment? Well then imagine going on like this for 20 years. God....

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... *a sigh of satisfaction of knowledge*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here, why don't ya?