Thursday, July 26, 2012

Heh...


So, I've never heard this song before... But my mum knew immediately which song it was. hah. But I liked the lyrics.. they were kind of... nice. Could'nt find a better word really. They're just nice I guess.

But since I'm so awesome, I translated them to english. Which was a wee bit difficult... you know, some expressions just sound so stupid when you translate them in english. Uh huh.




The roots grow strong when the wind blows
the air is fresher when you hear the thunder
it blows on the Lake of Galilee
and also at Gallery Bleue

Your kisses taste like wild strawberries and milk
dreams to burn on a different life
let your heart skip a beat
let us hope that it'll be day soon

My memories are like cherries in punch
and it runs like a river in my inner world
let me cry, let me be alone
and burn my books as firewood

I look forward, I look up, I'm hot
the past looms as an overture
our lives are ultimately in harmony
with the world we have to live in

Let me see, let me know, I guess
I have the courage to vanish in a moment of silence
I see lights flashing here from my balcony
remember me from time to time

Many of us are here on opening night
and we drink some port wine and chew on a biscuit
it blows on the Lake of Galilee
and also at Gallery Bleue

It's great that so many wanted to come
dreams to burn on a different life
we show some paintings in blue
but the artist has apparently already left

My exterior is whitewashed, seafaring tomb
my mind is full of dead men's bones
it blows on the Lake of Galilee
and also at Gallery Bleue

Can you remember our summer in Palalda
how we painted in oil and laughed greatly
I can hear the thunder rumbling in the sky
and the wind, so I can hardly stand

I will do some more calculations
and study the course of an experiment
about the changes supports the theory
so, the water turned into wine

I have found some papers in a tomb
it is the forgotten remnants of a bygone culture
I want to interpret these ancient fragments
as if nothing significant has happened

Say, how many seconds do I have
before the fog prevents me to get away
could it possibly be the case
that it is already too late to go

I've packed personal items
I have written a letter to Whom It May Concern
I'll do what I can and then some
and then let it be as it wants

I go down between the sphinx's two front legs
to meet the fate that is tailored
Queen of Egypt is waiting in his dressing room
and her fingers is on a silver brooch

I'll calm all the storms in my soul
only swells will swing in peace and quiet
in my mind the hurricanes die
beautiful weather on Lake Galilee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here, why don't ya?